WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://across.sg. It is our official website address for our registered businesses A’CROSS ARTS PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532568E), A’CROSS DANCE PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532584G), A’CROSS DRAMA PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532597M), A’CROSS MEDIA PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532535N), A’CROSS MUSIC PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532552G), A’CROSS SPORTS PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532599N) and A’CROSS SAVIOUR PTE. LTD. (UEN: 201532552G).
PERSONAL DATA1. As used in this policy: “Customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about our products or services, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any products or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from the data; or (b) from the data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include; name and contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, data-of-birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as bank account information.
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3. We do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via your organisation who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us after (i) you or your organisation have been notified of the purpose for which the data is collected, and (ii) you or your organisation have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
4. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verification of your identity;
(c) responding, handling, and processing of queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending you marketing collaterals or information about our products or services, including notifying you of our events;
(g) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(h) transmitting to relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, in Singapore or overseas, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(i) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
5. We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you.
6. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time (i) it is being withdrawn by you in writing or (ii) it is required by relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities whether in Singapore or abroad. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
8. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
9. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
10. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA11. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
12. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
13. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
14. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
15. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Futurasia Professionals will not be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and risks which are inherent in internet communications. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
16. We generally rely on personal data provided by you or your organisation. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
18. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
19. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
20. You may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, you may send an email to email@example.com.
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGE OF NOTICE
21. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
22. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Last updated: 18 February 2020